Windows 8 is the most recently launched Operating System by Microsoft and as such all geeks and tech enthusiasts would like put their hands on this all new release of Microsoft’s shining Operating System Windows 8. And the reason Microsoft is buzzing up all over the web because this Microsoft has made the consumer preview of the Windows 8 available for download and that too for free. Since this is not the finished operating system released it and its just made for testing purpose so that all people can have an idea of what Windows 8 exactly would be. Well, all users want to give a try to Windows 8 and if you’re the one but you do not want to sacrifice a blank DVD for doing so, then this post would share a guide or say tutorial to Install Windows 8 using Pen Drive.
So, here is a list of some things you would be needing to carry out the process further:-
- USB Pen drive – 4 GB or greater.
- Windows 8 Consumer Preview – Download 32-bit | Download 64-bit.
- MS Windows 7 USB tool – Download from here.
How to Install Windows 8 Using a Pen Drive or USB Drive
So, after ensuring you’ve the above mentioned things, you need to follow the steps mentioned below :
1. Initially, you will have to install and after that run the Windows USB tool on your computer. After running it, click on browse and select Windows 8 Consumer preview file (32-bit or 64-bit) whichever you downloaded earlier and the hit next.
2. Next up, you’ll have to select the option of ‘USB device‘ under media type in order to create a bootable USB pen drive.
3. Just make sure you have inserted your USB device and you need to select it from the dropdown menu. Ensure that it is at least 4G free in size or greater. And it won’t matter if your USB pen drive is empty or non-empty, it would ask you to erase all he data present in the Pen drive before you click ‘Begin Copying’.
4. Now all you need to do is rest and relax until the USB tool makes your device bootable.
5. Once the process would complete, then the USB drive can be used to boot your PC and then install the Windows 8 on your computer.
So folks, here you’re done with all the steps you need to follow. If you want to save a Blank DVD, then installing Windows 8 using Pen Drive is a better option and it is fast too. Already using Windows 8 Consumer Preview on your computer? Then do share your views with us in the comments’ section of this article.