When the much awaited Windows 8 operating system was launched, people were eager to taste it and its the aware fact that Windows 8 has been used by billions of users since it was launched, but that was only a preview version with which one can’t use it like a normal operating system. Microsoft had already assimilated fantastic new features & functions like Metro User Interference, Market Store, etc. along new technology namely Photogon which is exclusively available in Windows 8 Preview. Other eye-pleasing features are Charm bar on the desktop, better privacy settings with password set technology and much more which can enhance your Social Networking and Emailing experience. Apart from that, speed and system performance can’t be neglected.
Coming to the main topic, if you want to try out this latest edition of Windows from Microsoft, then you will need to install it on your current system risking your current operating system. You can also opt for dual booting but it effects your whole computer processor and its even not recommended to do much, just for touching something new. In this type of situation you can easily install Windows 8 OS with your existing version of operating system using a virtualization. So, in this tutorial, I’m going to tell you how to install Windows 8 on Virtual Box, which is one of the best virtualization softwares.
What is VirtualBox ?
Virtual Box is a computer program that can provide us capability of using more than one operating system and to go hand to hand on the same machine. In sense, you can virtually install Windows 8 with Windows 7 system without stressing your CPU. Virtual Box is an open source freeware software with which one can access another OS just like we use normal application.
- Creates own virtual RAM and network system to use another OS
- It’s basically compatible with all PCs
- It is programmed in suitable language
- Easily uses current system’s hard drive space
One can install Virtual Machine, meeting the requirements of standard needs : 1 GHz or later, 2 GB of Random Access Memory, Having 30 GB of free hard disk space and minimum compatibly of Microsoft DirectX 9 Graphics
How to Install Windows 8 on VirtualBox ?
After knowledgeably explanation of VM, it’s time to proceed further with our main aim of installing Win 8 OS on your current system. Just follow below steps:
- Step 1 : First Download Windows 8 Preview version From Here and VirtualBox From Here.
- Step 2 : Once you have downloaded the installation files of Virtual Machine VirtualBox, just install it into your system.
- Step 3 : Open VirtualBox and click on “New” to let yourself make new virtual machine required. When something pops up just select Microsoft Windows 8 and click “Next”.
- Step 4 : Now, confirm with selecting minimum Random Access Memory (RAM) of 1 GB (32-bit version). If your system is of 64-bit then range it 2 GB then “Next”.
- Step 5 : Create a new Virtual Hard Disk and then proceed with “Next”.
- Step 6 : Now select the virtual disk image, and then click on “Next” once again.
- Step 7 : Now allocate fixed memory of 20 GB, and then move further.
- Step 8 : Confirming with settings, click on create the Virtual Machine and wait for some time.
- Step 9 : Now, launch the Virtual Machine which has been created with the above mentioned steps and then again click on “Next”.
- Step 10 : Well, that’s all you need to do ! Windows 8 Virtual Disk is ready to be used.
- Step 11 : Explore the Windows 8 Preview’s ISO image which was downloaded via the first step, then again click on “Next”.
It may take up to half an hour the installed Windows 8 OS, and once it gets finalized, then you can use it via VirtualBox. That’s all, you have successfully installed Windows 8 on VirtualBox, and yeah, here’s the product key of the preview version of Windows 8 :
Serial Key : DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J