WordPress, we all know is the best self-hosted blogging platform in terms of SEO, Themes, Plugins, Better Control, Re-selling, etc. This is the only platform where all professional bloggers are relay on, and have been running self hosted WP blog, it is there identity as professional blogger. Previously, hosting a blog or website was a harassment for the users, but now, one can easily create self hosted WordPress blog without having any further technical knowledge, even a novice can do this task. Because now-a-days most of the web-hosting companies comes with the one-touch mouse installation process also known as script installer namely Fantastico, Softaculous, etc.
How to Create a Self Hosted WordPress Blog ?
Below, I have described the whole process from bottom to top to how to create self hosted blog, all the steps below are important enough, you must not miss any:
1. Get a Domain : Domain name is the primary necessity to host a blog, now-a-days you can easily buy any domain available at the maximum price of just $10, which can be afforded by anyone. The best domain providers are GoDaddy, BigRock, NameCheap, etc. You need to buy one from their website, the buying process is like a child’s play, so it is not described here.
2. Get Web Hosting : Web Hosting is the only priority when it comes to hosting a WP blog. You need to buy it, the maximum price for web hosting is as minimum as $5 / month. The best web hosting providers are HostGator, DreamHost, SpeedHost etc. You can also opt for free web hosting providers as well, such as 000webhost which is not at-all recommend.
After you have bought web hosting, you need to get the Nameservers of your domain (you will find it on their website only, or just search around web for the corresponding web hosting). Now get to the STEP 1 again, those Nameserver you need to submit in the Domain Account (the option is their only)
Step 1 : Now most of the web hosting, provide and system of Fantastico WordPress, in your web hosting account, under service/software you will find this option of fantastico.
Step 2 : Click on, and you will get through the another page,in which you will find WordPress option, just click on it. Now just select where you need to install the WP, I prefer ROOT Dictionary.
Step 3 : Now under Fantastico, do the following below settings :
- Install on domain : Yourdomain.com
- Install in dictionary : (Leave It Blank)
- Admin Access Data : Enter your desired username and password
- Base Configuration : Enter the desired information demanded
After doing the above mentioned settings, click on INSTALL WORDPRESS, and on the next page, just copy those information in fine place and click on FINISH INSTALLATION. Hurry! you are done with self hosted WP blog.
Step 4 : You have now hosted the WP blog, now you are ready to enjoy all the features of a self hosted blog, you can now write an article, install a theme and install any desired plugin, etc. If you want to buy a professional theme, then I would recommend you to go for Theme Junkie or Elegant Themes.
Now you can also go further, and manage the other options like SEO, Plugins, Themes, Articles, Pages, etc. This is what Self Hosted WordPress is all about. So, next you can do several other important things like adding useful plugins, favicon, logo,etc.
Hope you have liked this guide. If you have any issues regarding the same, then do let us know via leaving a comment just below.